Tuesday, October 8, 2013

C4T #2

C4T #2 Post #1

I was assigned Mary Worrell's blog to comment on for my second C4T. I commented on her post Embracing the Grey Area. This post was about how Mary started teaching in the Netherlands. This was her first year teaching, so she did not have much experience. She was so excited because they did not have the state standards to worry about, and she could research and use her own material. She did not purchase a textbook because she wanted to find short stories online for the class to use. This became very difficult because it was like she was writing the curriculum for the class. The next year she decided to purchase a text book, and also use material she found from the internet.

I commented on Ms. Worrell's post saying, she has been an inspiration to me, and I have learned a lot from her blog. I told her, I have got overwhelmed with a few assignments I had in college. We have to write lesson plans, and there is so much information to use that I get very overwhelmed. After reading her post, I see that you can not only use the text book, but also find your own sources for information. I enjoy reading her blog and look forward to the next post I am assigned.

C4T #2 Post #2

The second of Ms. Worrell's post I commented on was Experimenting with gif's. She loaded four different GIFs that she and her classmate made during a quickfire activity. They had an hour to figure out and create a GIF in class. She posted four of the GIFs they made, and they were quite entertaining.

I commented saying that I have heard of the computer term GIF before, but I never really knew much about it. After watching her videos, they made me laugh, and I want to learn more about making one.

I asked her what website she and her classmate used to create the gifs. I would love to use this in my classroom, and get my students to make one to experience this form of technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment