Thursday, October 31, 2013

C4K Summary Post (October)

C4K #5

My first C4K this month was Mara from the blog The Pickles.

Mara wrote about the book Out Of My Mind by: Sharon Draper, which she is reading in class. She said Melody, a character in the story, is having a baby sister. Mara said she is so excited to keep reading to find out what happens to Melody and her family.

I commented telling her that I think it is wonderful that her teacher is allowing her and her classmates to use technology in the classroom by making a blog. Mara sounded so excited when she posted her summary about reading and finishing her book on her blog. I told her that I love reading as well, and reading will help her in her studies in the future. I told her to keep up the good work.





C4K #6

My second C4K this month was Joey from Mrs. Hartoon's Class.

Joey wrote about his first day of seventh grade science. He was scared to go to class. His best friend told him to stop being a baby and get in there, and that is what he did. When he walked in to science lab there were veggies all over the table in front of him. His teacher had a Mr. Potato Head project planned for the students. Joey made a real Mr. Potato Head out of a potato. He was not scared of school andymore becayse he had a blast on his first day of seventh grade.

I commented telling Joey that I loved his post because I remember when I was in seventh grade. I was also scared to go to school because we were in a new building. After being there for about 10 minutes, I was not scared anymore.

I told him that I have never heard of the real Mr. Potato head project. It sounded very fun and got the students involved in a group project. I am going to do this project with my students when I start teaching.

C4K #7

My third C4K this month was Jen from Mr. So's Second Grade Class.

Jen's post "My Hero" was about who would she consider her hero. She chose her mom because when she gets hurt or sick her mom is always there to take care of her.

I commented saying I enjoyed reading her post, that she chose her mom as her hero. I would chose my mom as my hero as well. I know Jen's mom read her blog, and it made her day that she chose her as her hero. I told Jen to keep up the good work.

C4K #8

My last C4K this month is Giselle L., and I commented on her blog post about Soybeans.

Giselle told the history and some interesting facts about soybeans. Soybeans are one of Nebraska's natural resources, and some chocolates and dog food are made out of soybeans.

I commented telling Giselle that I learned a lot from her post. I did not know soybeans are one of Nebraska’s natural resources. I have never had chocolate made from soybeans, but I am willing to try some foods made from soybeans because it is really good for your health. I asked her if she had ever had chocolate or any foods made from soybeans? I told her about my cousins baby that had to have soy formula when she was born because it was better on her stomach. She did not have anymore stomach issues once my cousin switched her to formula made from soybeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment