Tuesday, November 12, 2013

C4K Summary Post (November)

C4K#9

Mya is from a School in England, and she is in her 7th year of school. I commented on Mya's post "Rainbow Warrior Bombing".

Mya wrote about a yacht called the Rainbow Warrior. A crew was on the yacht and did not know at the time there were two french spies planting a bomb under the yacht. Mya wrote, "BOOM! Went the bomb, blowing Pete Willcox off his chair with ultimate force." Pete Willcox got everyone off the ship, and the New Zealand police caught the two men and put them in prison for ten years. When the French government found out about this two men in jail, they demand the New Zealand government release the men or they would not buy anymore dairy products from New Zealand. They New Zealand government gave the men to the French government, and the men stayed in jail for two years.

I commented telling Mya that I really enjoyed reading her post about the Rainbow Warrior bombing. She did an excellent job describing what happened in the bombing. Her story had so much detail, I felt like I was reading a history book. C4K #10

I commented on Mrs. Yollis' Classroom Blog Post Dr. and Mrs. Strange Visit!

The post was a visit Dr. and Mrs. Strange made to Mrs. Yolli's calls. Dr. Strange and Mrs. Yolli have been blogging for a while, and they have never met in person before this visit. Mrs. Yolli let her students ask Dr. Strange open ended questions. The class then separated into groups and did projects. One of the projects the students worked on were a PuppetPal Video. This is when they can choose a picture of something and insert it into the video. Mrs. Yolli posted two examples of videos her students had created.

I commented on the blog post telling Mrs. Yolli that I was so excited her and Dr. Strange finally got to meet. He was telling our class about Mrs. Yolli's blog at the beginning of the semester. He mentioned that he head never met face to face.

I have learning a lot this semester about 21st century learning, and I am excited to see it actually being used in this blog post. The students seem so excited and involved when completing the PuppetPal Videos. They are so enthusiastic and use their imagination in the videos.

I am definitely going to use blogging and other 21st century tools in my classroom because they seem very efficient.

I told Mrs. Yolli, "Thanks for sharing Dr. and Mrs. Strange's visit."

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jamie!!

    I really enjoyed your blog post on your C4K kids!! I love reading about children and the stories they write on each individual blog! My C4K child wrote an excellent story on zombies. It was the cutest thing how he described the action scenes. I think that it is extremely important as a teacher, to let all kids imaginations flow and just let them be creative!!

    Good job!

    Claire :)

    ReplyDelete