Friday, November 22, 2013

Blog Post #16

Part 1:

My Teaching, My Future Students, and the Tools I will use in my Classroom:

When I become an elementary teacher, I hope to get a job teaching second grade. Elementary teachers teach all subjects in their classroom, but I want to change this. I want to split the subjects between the teachers of second grade and have the students change from classroom to classroom like in high school. All of the classrooms will be connected internally, so the students will not have to walk outside. My classroom will be math and science. I think if I, as an elementary teacher, only had a couple of subjects to teach, I could focus and teach those certain subjects better.

In my classroom, I will use technology to the fullest. I will use a smart board for teaching my students, and I will have a class blog to post assignments and events going on in my classroom. I will use a smart board to teach lessons, and also let the children play learning games on the smart board. After taking EDM310, I learned that there are many helpful learning tools teachers can use on the smart notebook to help teach your lessons. Using a smart board and blogging are two very important technology tools, I will use in teaching.

My students will use iPad’s to the fullest, as well as blogging and Google docs on the computer. My classroom will be equipped with one iPad for every four students. Before taking EDM310, I thought it was ridiculous that schools started having iPad’s in the classroom. I thought the students would get distracted and play games not associated with class. I realize now, children grow up with technology. If there were a classroom with just a chalkboard and teacher lecturing, the children would get bored and act out. I will also use blogging in my classroom. With blogging, students can comment and edit their peers work. As well as publish their work for the world to see. I have many friends who have a profession as an Elementary teacher, so I will get my class to comment and edit her class’s work on their blog. I never knew about Google Docs before EDM310, but now I use it for all of my classes. I will have my students do projects and collaborate using Google docs. I will also have assignments on Google docs where my students will all answer the assignment within docs. These are the many reason I will have technology in my classroom, so the students will not get bored because learning can be fun!

My classroom will be set up in sections. There will be a reading pit with comfortable bean bags, a computer section, and then of course student desks with a smart board. The reading pit will have a huge fish tank, so the children can also gaze into the fish tank, think and imagine. The reading pit will be equipped with books, but the students can also bring their iPads to read and play educational games. The computer section will have many computers. I will have iCurio set up on the computers, so the children can search for material and play games that are safe and educational. The desk and smart board will be for me to teach the children lessons. I will introduce projects on the smart board and have the students play educational games. My students will not want to leave my classroom at the end of the year because it will be so fun and filled with technology.

The Differences in Blog Post #1, and my Current Views of My Future Classroom:

After reading my Blog Post #1, there are only a few differences of how I would want my classroom. One difference is my views on the iPad. I said in my first blog post that I would have computers in case the children did not want to use the iPad. In my classroom, I want all students to be able to use the iPad to the fullest. There are so many things that are available on the iPad for learning.

The second thing I would want to use in my classroom is blogging and Google Docs. I did not know about blogging and Google docs before taking EDM310, and they are very helpful in teaching the children how to collaborate with other students. These are two very important aspects on the computer that my classroom with use to the fullest.

Part 2:

Final Reflection

1 comment:

  1. "I want to change this. I want to split the subjects between the teachers of second grade and have the students change from classroom to classroom like in high school. " I doubt that you will succeed. I doubt you would succeed even as a principal. An interesting idea, however.

    So your cousin took EDM310? Who is that?

    I agree that iPads are powerful tools.

    Very interesting ideas.

    ReplyDelete